EdIT Concepts (UK) Ltd regard your privacy as extremely important. Information we collect from you, where you choose to provide it to us, enables us to send you information about products and services in which you register an interest. By providing us with your information and ticking the appropriate box, you consent to us processing it for this purpose. We will not pass it on to any third party.
By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act, the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Bill, marketing information gathered during your site visit and/or your contact with us will be logged and controlled by us. We are, therefore, the Data Controller for this type of data.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website (www.editconcepts.com) (our site, or our sites), by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, sign up for any regular newsletter, participate in research activity, information services, web forum or consultancy, search for a product, and when you report a problem with our site or our solution, request us to contact you or otherwise contact us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and area of interest.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including the date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, if you linked to our site from another website, the address of that website, and, if you linked to the site from a search engine, the address of that search engine and the search term you used.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other website we operate or other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, hosting, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services you request and consent to receive from us, to notify you about changes to or to make suggestions and recommendations that may interest you about our range of products or services, or to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to provide contracted services;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To enable verification that you are a human and not a bot (reCAPTCHA)
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- to carry out research;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing activity we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant marketing activity to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with the information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You may revoke your consent to the processing of your data at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO The DPO. Please be specific about what type of processing you are withdrawing from so we can ensure we carry out your wishes appropriately.
You may ask us at any time for information about any personal data we hold about you, or ask us to correct or delete that information. Any access request will be free of charge.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Cookies are small text files that are used by our website to make our user’s experience more efficient. The current EU Cookie Law (more information) states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of our site but that for all others we need your permission to do so. EdIT Concepts (UK) Ltd uses some non-essential cookies.
To learn more about cookies, including what they are, how they work and how to block them or delete them, please visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The following information describes the cookies that EdIT Concepts (UK) Ltd currently use on this site and what we use them for:
We use a session cookie to remember what you’ve been viewing and the actions you have taken. If these are disabled, various functionalities of the site will be unavailable and you may not achieve the objective of your visit. More information on session cookies and what they are used for at www.allaboutcookies.org
Persistent Cookies (Google Analytics and reCAPTCHA)
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
If you have Adobe Flash installed on your computer (most computers do) and you use EdIT Concepts (UK) Ltd audio or video players, Google Analytics will try to store some additional data on your computer. This data is known as a Local Shared Object or Flash cookie. This helps us to analyse the popularity of our media files. We can count the total number of times each file is played; how many people watch videos right to the end and how many people leave before the end. Adobe’s website offers tools to control Flash cookies on your computer.
On many of the pages of the site you will see ‘social buttons’. These enable users to share or bookmark the web pages. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside EdIT Concepts. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including our site so if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting www.editconcepts.com and the specific pages you are on, even if you don’t click on the button if you are logged into their services, like Google and Facebook. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
If you are happy to use our site now that you know what cookies we use and what we use them for, please click the ‘Accept Cookies’ button in the toolbar below.
If you wish to control which cookies are used, you have the following options available to you:
- Click the ‘Decline Cookies’ button in the toolbar below which will stop Google Analytics tracking but keep session cookies enabled on this site.
- Browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting which is called ‘Incognito’ in Chrome, ‘InPrivate’ for Internet Explorer or ‘Private Browsing’ in Firefox and Safari.
- Not use this site and delete all EdIT Concepts (UK) Ltd cookies from your chosen Internet browser. To delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance regarding your chosen browser. You will need to search in your cookie folders for ‘editconcepts.com’ to find our cookies if you wish to perform a deletion.
PLEASE NOTE: Not accepting the cookies will prevent us from learning about website visitor behaviour that helps us improve your website visit experience. It may also render areas of the website unusable.
Disallowing cookies when using our solutions, may prevent your Administrator from managing aspects of the solution. Please contact your Administrator to discuss cookies.